Almond Mushroom PateFor 6 servings:
Ingredients for Almond Mushroom Pate:
- 2 Tbs Margarine
- 1 c Blanched Whole Almonds(6 oz)
- 1 Sm Onion, chopped (1/4 c)
- 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 c Sliced Mushrooms (4 oz)
- 1 dash White Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Tarragon
- 2 Tbs Cream Cheese, opt. *
Directions for: Almond Mushroom Pate
- GARNISH: slivered or finely chopped almonds, fresh parsley sprigs, pimiento strips, or sweet red pepper strips, optionalIn a large skillet, melt margarine.
- Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Saute until tender but not browned.
- Add tarragon, stir until it is softened.
- Pour mixture into a bowl of food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Process until mixture is smooth.
- Add cheese if you prefer a more spreadable consistency.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
- Top with garnish of your choice.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- People who do not like ordinary pate seem to love this one.
- Vary the herbs and substitute the vegetables as you wish.
- Serve with water crackers, thick slices of crusty French bread, thin slices of whole wheat bread, or unsalted whole wheat crackers.
- May be frozen.
Category recipe Appetizers