Apfelpfannkuchen (Apple Pancakes)For 4 servings:
Ingredients for Apfelpfannkuchen (Apple Pancakes):
- 2/3 c Flour Unbleached, Unsifted 2 c Apple Slices
- 2 tsp Sugar 3/4 c Butter Or Margarine
- 1/4 tsp Salt 2 tb Sugar
- 4 Eggs Large, Beaten 1/4 ts Cinnamon
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1/4 of butter until tender. Mixt 2 T sugar and the cinnamon together
Directions for: Apfelpfannkuchen (Apple Pancakes)
- Sift together the flour, 2 t sugar, and the salt.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture beat until smooth.
- Saute apples in toss with apples.
- Melt 2 T butter in a 6-inch diameter, deep frypan.
- Pour in the batter to a depth of about 1/4-inch.
- When set, place 1/4 of the apples on top cover with more batter.
- Fry pancake until lightly browned on both sides.
- Keep warm.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times, until all batter and apples are used.
- Serve immediately.
Category recipe German, Fruits, Cakes, Breakfast