Apple Cheddar ShortcakeFor 6 servings:
Ingredients for Apple Cheddar Shortcake:
- 2 1/2 c Biscuit Mix Bisquick
- 2/3 c Milk
- 4 oz Cheddar Sharp, Shredded
- 1/3 c Butter Melted
- 3/4 c Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Tbs Cornstarch
- 1 c Water
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 4 c Apples Peeled,Cored, Sliced
- 1 Heavy Cream Whipped
Directions for: Apple Cheddar Shortcake
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the biscuit mix and the cheddar cheese then stir in the milk and butter.
- Spread the dough into two greased 8-inch layer pans and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a large saucepan.
- Stir in the water and cook until clear and thickened.
- Att the apples, cover and simmer until the apples are tender.
- Spoon half of the apple mixture over one layer.
- Top with the second layer and remaining apples.
- Serve warm with whipped cream for a topping.
Category recipe Cakes, Cheese/eggs, Fruits