Apple Cranberry PieFor 8 servings:
Ingredients for Apple Cranberry Pie:
- 1 Double Crust Pie Crust
- 2 c Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1/3 c Corn syrup, light or dark
- 1/4 c Corn starch
- 1 Tbs Butter or margarine
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Milk
- 5 c Peeled apple slices
- 1 Sugar
Directions for: Apple Cranberry Pie
- Prepare pie crusts for filled two-crust pie using 9-inch pan.
- Heat ovento 450F.
- In a large bowl, stir sugar, corn starch and cinnamon until well mixed.
- In another large bowl, mix apples, cranberries and corn syrup.
- Add fruit to sugar mixture.
- Mix to combine.
- Spoon into pie crust-lined pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with second crust flute.
- Cut four 4-inch slashes in center of crust forming a criss-cross design.
- Peel back center points and press lightly in crust to hod and form 8 petals.
- Brush crust with milk sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350F continue baking 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store in refrigerator.
Category recipe Pies, Desserts