Apple Crunch MuffinsFor 4 servings:
Ingredients for Apple Crunch Muffins:
- 1 1/2 c Unbleached Flour, Sifted
- 1/4 c Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Slightly Beaten
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c Tart Apples *
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Nut Crunch Topping
Directions for: Apple Crunch Muffins
- * Apples are to be washed and cored.
- Shred the unpeeled apples for recipe.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening with pastry blender until fine crumbs form.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Add to dry ingredinets all at once, stirring just enough to moisten.
- Stir in apples.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
- Sprinkle with nut crunch topping.
- Bake in 375 degree oven 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and homemade jelly or jam.
- NUT CRUNCH TOPPING: Mix together 1/4 c brown sugar (packed), 1/4 c chopped pecans and 1/2 t ground cinnamon in small bowl.
Category recipe Muffins