Apple Juice RoastFor 6 servings:
Ingredients for Apple Juice Roast:
- 4 lb Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Med. Onions, Sliced
- 1/4 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 2 Tbs Butter or Shortening
- 1/4 tsp Prepared Mustard
- 1 c Apple Juice
- 125 tsp Basil Leaves
- 1 Tbs Catsup
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes *
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 Chopped Parsley OR
- 1 Gravy
- 1 Apple Rings And Parsley
Directions for: Apple Juice Roast
- * Sweet potatoes should be pared and cut into pieces.
- Cook onions in 1 T butter or shortening in Dutch oven until tender-crisp set aside.
- Brown roast in remaining butter or shortening in Dutch oven over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Pierce entire surface of meat with fork.
- Combine apple juice, catsup, salt, pepper, thyme, mustard and basil add to meat.
- Top meat with reserved cooked onions cover and cook slowly 2 1/2 hours or until almost tender.
- Brush sweet potatoes with lemon juice for bright color add to meat.
- Continue cooking, covered, 30 to 40 minutes or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Place meat and potatoes on warm platter.
- Sprinkle potatoes with chopped parsley or garinish with apple rings and parsley, if desired.
- Serve gravy over sliced meat.
Category recipe Beef